Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Home Office Makeover

I don't work from home, but I do a lot of work from home.  As a teacher, my work follows me home as often as I let it, and sometimes I really don't have a choice.  I'm also majorly involved in a local nonprofit and that work takes place at home, too.  Beyond these things, though, my mom always taught me to have a desk space to sit peacefully and read or work.

This is my desk space now.



The only things I enjoy about my desk space are my vintage kitchenette table ($25 from Dolly Python years ago) and my white Ikea paper tray.

I've been wanting to improve my office, but struggling with where to start.  I've also always found inspiration in Jenny Komenda's office at Little Green Notebook ever since she posted about her desk and beautiful arched bookshelf project a while ago.  So, I when I saw her recent post about home offices, I was totally motivated to tackle my own.

From her list of things to have in an office, I love the idea of looking for an armoire or cool cupboard to store the printer and a fun filing cabinet or storage piece with drawers.  I'm doing a pretty good job with clutter right now, but during the school year I accumulate everything from papers to markers to binder rings in my desk space, and I need a better storage and organization system.

My first project, however, will be to assemble a photo wall for my inspiring art.  I already have a small collection ready to hang, but want to find a couple more items to include.  Here's some great inspiration on Pinterest.


No comments:

Post a Comment